At “Shir Hama’alot” (a Song of Ascents)—a gala concert celebrating Israel’s 70th birthday—more than 100 singers will gather at the University of Chicago’s Rockefeller Memorial Chapel to tell Israel’s story through song on January 28 at 3 p.m. The concert features:
- The Hyde Park Jewish Choral Society, including some of our own singers from CRZ
- Kol Zimrah Jewish Community Singers
- The University of Chicago Motet Choir
- Cantors from around Chicago including Cantors David Berger (KAM-Isaiah Israel) and Rachel Rosenberg
- Special guest conductor, Maestro Matthew Lazar
The concert is co-sponsored by the Jewish United Fund of Metropolitan Chicago and organized by the Rabbinic Heritage Committee of KAM Isaiah Israel. (Read more.)
Note: Cantor Rosenberg is looking for a few students ages 6‑18 to help lead a community sing-a-long at during the concert. If you would like to join her and can attend the rehearsal on Sunday, January 21, from 12-1 p.m., please email her by Wednesday, January 10 ([email protected]).