Enjoy an afternoon of games, speakers, learning, nosh and camaraderie for all ages! The afternoon will include kiddush lunch after services; a variety of activities for kids such as assembling mitzvah kits; improv games with Ethan Blumenthal, book reading with Joe Peterson; the next in the series of One Book, One Rodfei Zedek discussions with Stephanie Friedman; snacks, games, gym time, singing, schmoozing, and more! Join us for the whole day or for any part. All are welcome!
Here's a preview of the schedule for the day, with activities for all:
- 12:15 - Kiddush lunch following Masorti and Na'aseh V'Nishma morning services
- 1:00 - Shabbat Singing after lunch
- 1:15 - Assemble mitzvah kits, play board games, schmooze with friends and make new ones too. Sign up here to contribute an item for the mitzvah kits. Mitzvah kit "assemblers" will leave the event with a small number of kits to distribute on their own, along with some guidance about safe and respectful ways to distribute the complete kits.
- Mincha service in the Chapel
- 2:00 - Ethan Blumenthal leads Improv games for all ages in the Atrium.
- 2:45 - Book readings from one of our own authors: Joe Peterson shares excerpts from his books, Wanted: Elevator Man and Gun Metal Blue.
- Stories for younger book lovers
- 3:15 - Snacks, board games, kids' activities, schmoozing, home-made ice cream made by our teens!
- 3:30 - One Book, One Rodfei Zedek discussion - next in our series about this year's book, My Father's Paradise by Ariel Sabar. Today's discussion will focus on the "Israel," "Aramaic," and "Yale" chapters. It's not too late to get the book and start reading! (Seminary Coop Bookstore.)
- 4:30 - Seudah Shlisheet - Light Nosh and singing before the end of Shabbat.
- 5:00 - Maariv and Havdalah